This week in Destiny, we introduced Gunsmith focusing and preview Checkmate updates.
New Rotation Weapons Live
- This week Pre Astyanax IV precision solar bow live in Nightfalls
- This weekend, Cataphract GL3 heavy GL will be the adept Trials reward
Checkmate Weapon Tuning
- Coming in update next week
- Devil's Ruin beam damage penalty increased from 10% to 15%
- Fighting Lion getting damage penalty of 20%
- Bows getting damage penalty of 10%
- Sidearm damage penalty reduced from 10% to 5%
- SMGs damage penalty reduced from 5% to 0%
- Scout damage penalty reduced from 10% to 9%
- ARs getting bonus damage of 2%
- Pulses getting bonus damage of 5%
- Handcannon bonus damage reduced from 10% to 7%
- Vex Mythoclast no longer benefits from Fusion Rifle bonus damage
- Coming S23
- This system replaces Bashee's 6-count weapon section
- Weapons included are at least 4 seasons old
- Each season a new set will be added (i.e. in S24, S20 weapons will be added)
- These weapons will be removed from the World Pool
- They are instead added to Gunsmith engrams
- The foundries included are Suros, Hakke, Veist, and Omolon
- Field-Forge foundry coming S24
- Day 1: Omolon Suros
- Day 2: Suros Hakke
- Day 3: Hakke Veist
- Day 4: Veist Omolon
- So on...
- Snorri FR5
- Typhon GL5
- Ogma PR6
- Gallu RR3
- Ammit AR2
- Aurvandil FR6
Other World Pool Weapons
- Weapons from last 4 seasons remain in World Pool
- These weapons however are being moved from World Pool to Xur's rotation
- Contingency Plan
- Legal Action II
- The Number
- Memory Interdict
- Pleiades Corrector
- The Deicide
- The Vision
- Stochastic Variable
- Focusing cost 3 Gunsmith engrams and 5000 glimmer
- Engrams earned from ranking up
- Can also be earned from Lost Sector completions (20% normal, 40% Legend, 60% Master) as well as from free-roam chests (20%)
- Players can sometimes become soft-locked during The Bladed Path by progressing through different steps of the quest at the same time.
- The Path of Burning Steps Titan Exotic and associated ornaments no longer change appearance when the Solar Weapon Boost perk is active.
- The Hoarfrost-Z and Icefall Mantle Titan Exotics are using the incorrect cooldowns.
- When inspecting weapon details for items stored in player Vaults, the weapon perk icons may no longer appear.
- Some players who did not fully complete the Season of the Deep story missions may be blocked from completing the current Season of the Witch weekly story mission until they finish the previous Season's story.
- Returning players who did not fully complete the A Guardian Rises intro quest prior to the launch of Lightfall are unable to obtain the Learning Light quest.
- Multiple pieces of arm armor can cause obstructions when aiming down sights on the Tessellation Exotic Fusion Rifle.