This week in Destiny, we have a cutscene and a few updates.
- Bungie uses a system called claims to keep track of you the player and everything around you like enemies, orbs, etc
- This claim system received a major update in Lightfall that allowed it fetch more resources when the Claims queue gets backed up
- That upgrade worked very well (i.e. Root of Nightmares traffic vs other day one raids) but also led to an issue with Claims not being able to recover as quickly in the event it lost connection
- This is the general cause of most error code increases, and because Claims struggles to recover sometimes, Bungie is forced to bring down Destiny 2 and reboot it
- Continuing to improve both Claims and maintenance pipelines
Mid Season Goals
- Improvements to logging system to help track specific issues better
- This will lead to more targeted and improved fixes
- 6 targeted fixes to the Claims system
- Adding better worst-case scenario testing simulations to improve systems before they launch
- Improvements to other connection layers not apart of Claims
- Improvements to Claims unit testing
- Based on progress in S22, continuing to add these improvements to broader systems
Lucky Week Fishing
- Next reset, for 1 week only
- Exotic fish catch rate will be doubled all week for all three spots
Bans and Restrictions
- "Players who have received a ban or restriction are advised to review our Code of Conduct and Ban Policies article for more information. Players may use the contact form to appeal the decision. There are no guarantees that a ban or suspension will be overturned, nor that an email will be responded to."
- Not much new from them on the subject
- We are aware of an issue where the "Battle Rhythm" Seasonal challenge incorrectly instructs players to defeat targets anywhere in the system. This challenge can be successfully completed in Crucible, Gambit, or Vanguard Ops playlists.
- The Strand Slayer Crucible bounty is not progressing from Strand Primary weapon kills.
- Players can be eliminated by a finisher if the enemy is eliminated before the finisher animation completes.
- The "Efficient Angler" Seasonal challenge is progressing inconsistently.
- The Taken portal and heart at the end of the Last Wish raid can appear off to the side.