This week at Bungie, we're sharing Crucible info and upcoming changes.
RIP Lance Reddick
"On Friday, we all learned of the tragic news of Lance Reddick's passing at the age of 60. As the voice of Commander Zavala-the stalwart commander of the Vanguard-Lance brought to life a character who has become virtually synonymous with Destiny itself. For nearly a decade, Guardians around the world have found purpose and comfort in Zavala's presence, bolstered by that unmistakable voice, so full of strength, serenity, and nobility.
The tributes that have poured in for Lance have been overwhelming; from endless heartfelt messages on social media to impromptu gatherings of respect in Zavala's corner of the Tower, overlooking the Last City. As an actor, musician, gamer, and family man, the passion Lance brought to the things he loved was reflected in the eyes and hearts of all who loved him.
For now, we will honor his presence through his performances yet to come in the game, and in the memories that will last us a lifetime. We are deeply saddened by his passing but so thankful for the time we spent together, and our thoughts are with his friends and loved ones.
Thank you for everything, Lance. We will miss you." - Bungie
- Updates to how maps and game modes are weighted.
- Matchmaking adjustments and an explanation of Fireteam Matchmaking.
- Competitive matchmaking and how skill rating works.
- Future Competitive rewards and quality-of-life updates.
- Upcoming Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris plans.
- New and returning game modes.
- Full article: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/lightfall-crucible-update
- Goes live on Tuesday, the 28th
- Adept weapons drop on Master challenges
- Adept weapon perk enhancing won't go live till mid season patch (but keep what you get until then)
- Nezarec being updated to attack players in a Well of Radiance more agressively
- Bungie is investigating a fix for jump pads killing people at high framerates
Guardian Rank Updates
- Legend Lost Sector Guardian Rank objectives have moved from Rank 7 to Rank 8.
- Master Lost Sector Guardian Rank objectives have moved from Rank 9 to Rank 10.