Soon (tee em).
Future of the Solstice Events
- Renamed from Solstice of Heroes to Solstice
- New armor set as usual
- No more armor objectives to upgrade armor
- Complete new Event Challenges to upgrade armor
- Unlock one set of armor, then chase new auto-completed rolls to get different stat rolls
- New activity in EAZ called Bonfire Bash
- Defend bonfires in easier to traverse version of the EAZ map
- More details this summer
- For all Events going forward, starting with Solstice
- Includes Event Challenges similar to Seasonal Challenges but for Events
- Events also getting Seals and Titles
- Event cards are free to play
- Rewards for each challenge include shaders, emblems, gear, and Event Tickets
- All are accessible on day one of challenge
Seals & Titles
- There are seals for individual events, as well as multi-event seals
- Complete all challenges to unlock event seal and title
- Also unlocks a new set of challenges that earn you the Gilded Title
- Complete a certain number of challenges in all 4 yearly events to get the multi event seal (rotation is Solstice, Fesitval, Dawning, Gaurdian Games)
- Can also be guilded, but details to come
Event Card Rewards
- A collection of themed cosmetics for each event will be pulled away from Eververse and tied directly to Event Challenges instead (sorta)
- This requires the purchase of an upgraded event card for 1000 silver
- This unlocks an exotic emote, ghost shell, and shader instantly
- The rest (emote, 2 ghost holograms, exotic ship, and transmat FX) are unlocked through finishing the associated Event Challenges
Patch Note Preview
- Updated the Director navigation header to a new style to make it more scalable.
- Fixed a visual bug on the Title Screen when playing with a screen aspect ratio greater than 16:9.
- Fixed a logic bug that would sometimes show inaccurate informational text on the Bungie Name Change screen after a player had changed their name.
- Improved the consistency with which PlayStation and Xbox platform rosters update the online status of platform friends.
Dares of Eternity
- Increased Strange Coins earned from the reward chest in Dares of Eternity from 1 to 3.
- This does not affect the number of Strange Coins earned from Lightning Round chests.
Power and Progression
- Power Bands have been increased for the new Season:
- Power Floor: 1350 (unchanged)
- Soft Cap: 1510 (up from 1500)
- Powerful Cap: 1560 (up from 1550)
- Hard Cap: 1570 (up from 1560)
- The Character Power Boost has been increased to 1510 with the new Soft Cap.
- Vault space has been increased by 100 (was 500, is now 600).
- While we know this doesn't enable players to save every single piece of loot in the game, the team was able to pull some strings and get a little more space for your vaults as they continue to investigate future solutions.
- Xur's inventory should no longer be different if players manage to find him at destinations shortly after the weekly reset happens on Tuesday.
- He will still reappear with new gifts from the Nine when he returns at his regularly scheduled time on Friday.
- Scorn sniper damage brought in line (reduced) with other combatant sniper weapons.
- Spread of projectiles increased to reduce instances of multiple projectiles hitting players.
- Launches Friday, May 27 at 10 AM Pacific
- Normal is 1550, Master unlocked day 1 but no power requirements revealed
- New armor set with Artifice version in Master
- 4 new weapons
- 2 reprised weapons
- 1 exotic weapon and catalyst
- 1 exotic ship/sparrow
- 2 emblems
- Freelance and Zone Control both enabled
- New loot for it next season including Armor, Fusion, and Sidearm
- New Ghost and Sparrow too
- Pictures shown in TWAB